Working out in a Collierville Group Fitness Class is a lot of fun at PT squared, but more importantly- it gets results. Recent studies have shown that working out in a group environment helps people reach their health and fitness goals a lot faster than if they were to be working out on their own.
Motivation, camaraderie, and getting amazing results are just a few of the reasons why you should consider joining a Collierville Group Fitness at PT Squared.
Here are ten more:
1. Proper Instruction – Many people walk around a fitness facility and are not sure how to use the equipment or are intimidated by it. In PT Squared’s Collierville Group Fitness Class setting, a trainer or coach will work with you to be sure you know how to use equipment and show you proper technique when using it.
2. Routine – Most of PT Squared’s Collierville Group Fitness Class sessions are offered at the same time on the same day every week. Putting your group fitness session on your calendar allows you to set aside the time and get into a routine with your training on a weekly basis, which significantly increases the likelihood you will stick with the program.
3. Meet Friends – It’s a great way to make new friends. You meet like-minded people who have a desire to be fit and improve themselves. The guy at the office who ate 3 donuts in the morning and hit McDonalds for lunch is probably not the person you want to hang with. However the people you talk to at PT Squared’s Collierville Group Fitness Class sessions are probably working hard and eating well like you do. They have the same goals and desires you do and it’s fun to hang out with people who have similar interests.
4. Accountability – It is much easier to skip a workout if you are training on your own or you are working individually with a personal trainer. It may be raining, snowing, too cold, too hot, windy, you feel too tired……name the excuse. It is much easier to bale on yourself than in a group setting where you make friends and they expect you to show up every session. They hold you accountable. You don’t dare miss because you know your friends will be there and you don’t want to let them down and you don’t want to hear the abuse you know they will give you for not showing up. You also will have access to a group page with our classes ton help with the accountability where all our clients post and comment for support.
5. Saving Money – PT Squared’s Collierville Group Fitness Class is a fraction of the cost of personal training. And depending on the group setting, you will still receive individual attention during the group session. The benefits of the group session are exactly the same. You still get highly effective training sessions that move you closer to your fitness goals.
6. Set the Pace – Whatever the setting, no matter how motivated you are, there are limits to how hard you can or will push yourself when you are training by yourself. It is easier to go at a slower pace or quit one or two reps short of what you could have done. Group sessions set a pace for everyone to follow and you do everything you can to keep up. When the person next to you squeezes out 10 reps, you are going to do 10 as well.
7. Competition – This leads to the next benefit of group training which is competition. Our competitive nature comes out in a group setting. You want to beat your buddy or girlfriend. They did 10 reps, so you want to squeeze out 12. They are going at a certain pace, you want to try and do it just a bit faster. The competition makes it fun and pushes you in a way that you can’t do on your own. The most important thing is to always beat yourself from the previous day.
8. Encouragement – Many of PT Squared’s Collierville Group Fitness Classes have a lot of hooting, hollering and high-fiving. People within the group will encourage each other to push harder, lift more and keep going. The encouragement from others is a great feeling and very motivating.
9. Accommodation of Fitness Levels – With our Group Fitness Classes, many group sessions offer modifications to make exercises easier or harder. As a trainer or coach, we call these progressions or regressions. A good coach will work with the group and accommodate the various fitness levels of individuals in the group. So it is possible to be a beginner and train with someone more advanced in a group setting. The beginner sees what the advanced person can do and has something to work towards.
10. Interesting – Most group sessions offer a variety of exercises using a variety of equipment. From Bosu Balls to kettle bells, to dumbbells to battling ropes to medicine balls to you name it; PT Squared’s Collierville Group Fitness Class typically offer diversity in the exercises and the equipment within each session.
Call us at 901-221-2619 today if you would like to Join PT Squared’s Group Fitness Classes or if you have any questions. We are always here to help.